2019 Madeline’s Christmas Auditions
Produced by Horizon Theatre and Atlanta Children’s Theatre. Directed by Spring Mason, Book and lyrics by Jennifer Kirkeby, Music by Shirley Mier. Based on the book by Ludwig Bemelmans
To Schedule an audition appointment
(If you experience any trouble accessing the audition form, please call 404-523-1477 x113 or email email@example.com and we’ll help you through the process)
Back by popular demand!
Atlanta Children’s Theatre collaborates with Horizon Theatre for the twelfth year to present “Madeline’s Christmas”! We’re casting roles for 12 young ladies in a production of “Madeline’s Christmas” at the award-winning Horizon Theatre in Atlanta. This is an exciting opportunity for selected young actors to work with professional adult actors at one of Atlanta ’s premier professional theatres.
We are committed to producing the highest quality professional production as possible. It’s important for both child actors and their families to understand they are committing to a professional creative process, including preparing for and attending all rehearsals. Parents will have an opportunity to review the rehearsal schedule and disclose conflicts prior to casting.
2019 Casting Information:
- 12 young ladies to play Madeline and her schoolmates
Ages 8+ and no taller than 5 feet (please measure before scheduling your audition) Children’s roles will be double-cast.
- 1 Male and 2 Female Adult Actors
August 24 (Saturday): 1 – 6 pm
August 25 (Sunday): 3 – 8 pm
August 31 (Saturday): 1 – 6 pm
September 1 (Sunday): 3 – 8 pm
September 8 (Sunday): 1 – 7 pm
October 5 – December 6
Typically Weekends and Monday Evenings
December 7 – December 31
1083 Austin Avenue, Atlanta GA 30307
The theatre is located near the intersection of Euclid and Austin Avenues. Please use the Euclid Avenue driveway to park in the parking lot located behind the theatre.
Please note that map directions will take you to the front of the theatre building where there is limited on-street parking.
- One upbeat, one-to-two minute song from a musical.
NOTE: Please be sure to bring an accompaniment CD
or MP3 (no lead vocals) from a phone or other electronic device to your audition.
We will provide a CD player and laptop/auxiliary cord for MP3s. No a capella singing please.
- Perform one short monologue or tell us a funny/interesting story! (No poems please)
- Two (identical) 8×10 headshots or other photograph
- Two copies of your performance resume (if you have one)
- Please wear comfortable clothing and footwear you can move in
- Parents: Please bring our family calendar so you can note conflicts
*Optional* Video Audition Requirements:
In-person auditions are ideal and the preferred method of auditioning. However, if this is not possible we will accept taped auditions. Create a video audition containing two components:
- an upbeat, one-to-two minute song from a musical (please use an accompaniment CD (no lead vocals)
- and a short monologue or tell us a story of your choice!
Please submit your video by either
- sharing a link to your audition uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo or
- deliver a DVD of your audition to Horizon Theatre (address is located below under “Audition Location”).